I am sure you have heard many legends about Dracula and about Bran castle somewhere in Romania.
I visited Bran castle as part of my November’s adventure in Transylvania, the famous and most visited part of Romania.
My impressions of Bran Castle in Romania
- First of all, Bran castle is very romantic, not scary at all 🙂
- Many locals sell handmade staff on the way to Bran castle, for example: old ladies sell very comfy handmade socks they knit. They will urge you to buy anything from them
- Do not be surprise that people in Bran use horses for transportation
- Early November in Bran was very cold. We had only -9 degrees during the day, that’s why dress up properly
- Romania has yummy food & prices are cheap, even if you are in a touristy place. Prices in 2011: the soup: 1€; pálinka, the traditional fruit brandy of Romania: 0,5€
- Bran has plenty of tourists also during winter. However, this place still has a charm. Enjoy my photos and make your own opinion 🙂
Have you been to Bran Castle in Romania? Have it been on your bucket list? Share your experience in comments!