In 2014 finally I managed a visit Germany, the biggest German speaking country in the world.
During my two visits I was lucky enough to spend some time in few of German states.
My second visit during this summer was part of my road trip to Hamburg.
We went with a car to Germany from Bratislava, Slovakia through Prague in Czech Republic, we visited Berlin, stayed few days in Hamburg, and on the way back in Dresden we spent half day as a stop break. Pretty tough schedule!
The capital of Saxony state is near to Czech Republic, only 30 kilometers from their borders.
In my view one of the prettiest towns in Germany is Dresden, called also The ‘Florence of the Elbe’ due to its beautiful baroque architecture.
My impressions from Dresden in Germany:
- Dresden is a city full of history. Definitely a great getaway for a romantic weekend!
- What beautiful architecture Dresden has. The city was significantly damaged during 2nd World War, but the architecture has been renovated
- Cheap prices comparing to West part of Germany, definitely a big advantage!
- In the historic centre of Dresden, the Altstadt, you can easily walk around within half day. But if you want to more explore city and enjoy its beauty, of course you will need more time (it is definitely worth it)!
- I felt like in Italy what I desperately love! Dresden is definitely the prettiest main cities in Germany!
- I am sharing below the atmosphere of Dresden in photos. Beautiful, romantic, breathtaking… find your own adjectives 🙂
Have you been to Dresden in Germany? Do you have special tips? Share your experience in comments!