Kuala Lumpur, the capital of Malaysia, is the hub for travelers coming to Southeast Asia. It is truly a cosmopolitan city where local Malaysian culture mixes with Chinese and Hindi. Little India in Kuala Lumpur definitely brings you into India without traveling there!
My observations & tips about Little India in Kuala Lumpur
- Little India has busy streets with lot of traffic as it is located close to train station called Kuala Lumpur Sentral, and many cars are passing through it.
- Many immigrants from India live in poor conditions next to skyscrapers. What a contrast!
- The food in Little India in Kuala Lumpur is delicious! You may taste typical Hindi dishes in restaurants or to try street food. Be ready that all dishes are very spicy with lot of curry!
- Little India in Kuala Lumpur is safe place according to my experience. Despite of Little India is close to railway station called Kuala Lumpur Sentral, there are not many tourists in there. Little India is a great location, if you want to go around the city and get to know Hindi culture in Kuala Lumpur.
- You will be impressed by local shops in Little India. There are many shops with colorful stuff with loud music, many people passing through or sitting outside until late hours. An interesting combination for your senses!
Have you been to Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia? Did you visit also Little India? How did you like it? Share your experience in comments with us!