During your trip in Slovenia, you should definitely include Piran into your travel plans. Piran in Slovenia, the small town next to Adriatic Sea is a unique place in Mediterranean area. Slovenian coast is 40 km long only; however it is worth to visit.
In 4 days in Slovenia you can easily visit Bled – beautiful town in Julian Alps, the capital of Slovenia – Ljubjana, Portoroz and finally Piran by Adriatic coast.
6 things what I love about Piran in Slovenia
- There are no cars allowed in Piran. There is parking before entry to town of Piran, which cost 16 EUR a day. However, there is a cheaper option even if you are with a car. TIP: Take a bus from Portoroz, which runs approximately every 15 minutes and costs 1,5 EUR/one way only.
- Despite of Piran has rocky beach and you can access Adriatic Sea usually via stairs, you will enjoy beautiful views of Piran while swimming in the sea. Even if you visit Piran during high season, there is still plenty of space for relaxing & privacy.
Magnificent views are also from St. George’s Parish Church to the center of Piran and from Piran Town Walls. TIP: You may enter Piran Town Walls for 1 EUR; however, firstly you need to climb up in hot weather. I suggest you to do so – you will definitely enjoy the view & prepare your camera for fantastic photos! 🙂
- Food in Piran is amazing as usual in Mediterranean! You may try various fishes or sea food, many types of pasta & pizza, and of course with a good wine! TIP: Eating in tiny streets of Piran your food will taste much better!
- Piran in Slovenia has beautiful Italian architecture with strong Venetian influence. Nowadays, Piran uses dual languages: Slovenian & Italian. However, you may still feel you are in Italy rather than in Slovenia, and this is quite unique.
- Sunsets in Piran are so romantic! Stay in Piran also during evening and enjoy phenomenal sunset from rocks by Adriatic Sea.
Have you visited Slovenia? Is Piran by Adriatic Sea on your bucket list? Share your experience and opinion with us!